Supported Child Development Support Worker-Valemount, BC
Robson Valley Community Services (RVCS) has a regular part-time, 16.5 hour per week, position for a Supported Child Development Support Worker in the Valemount office. The position requires a start date of June 15, 2020.
Provides support and direct care to children under 12, including special needs children or infants/toddlers, to stimulate and develop their intellectual, physical and emotional growth. Children will be provided support and interventions which are designed to optimize their unique developmental progress in an environment suited to their specific cultural, societal and family values.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, carries out and evaluates developmentally appropriate activities and experiences for children using modelling, observing, questioning, demonstrating and reinforcing techniques. Develops daily program schedules that include indoor/outdoor, active/quiet and individual and group activities.
- Implements short-term, issue-specific intervention activities provided by the SCD Consultant to maintain or prompt a planned change in behavior.
- Plans, prepares and conducts group activities within a childcare setting.
- Attends to the children’s physical needs that may include diapering, toileting, eating and sleeping.
- Ensures a healthy and safe environment in which the children can interact. Identifies and removes potential hazards.
- Communicates with families about children’s growth and development. Confers with parents with regard to unusual or problematic issues.
- Report on the effectiveness of the intervention plan, reports on child’s progress and discusses related concerns with the SCD Consultant in order to resolve identified problems and move towards defined objectives.
- Provides information on and referral to other community service providers, resources and professionals as required.
- Maintains related records and statistics and provides reports to the SCD Consultant Program Manager as required.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Education and Knowledge
- Early Childhood Education Certificate, plus Special Needs or Infant Toddler/Under Three Certificate;
- *Applicants with an ECE Assistant Certificate will be classified as ECE Assistant, Wage ($18.22-$21.22 per/hr) until successful completion of a full ECE Certificate
Training and Experience
- One (1) year recent related experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Team player with ability to work effectively with all types of people.
How to Apply:
Please send a Resume and Cover-Letter, in confidence, to Lina Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Posting closes on June 01, 2020 at 4:00pm.