Early Childhood Educator-McBride, BC Starting Wage $25.19 per/hr (Steps 1-4 are $21.63-$25.19)
Robson Valley Community Services (RVCS) is seeking a casual Early Childhood Educator for our McBride Childcare Centre. Currently the childcare center runs a preschool program twice weekly. The ECE provides support and direct care to children 3-6 years old, including children with special needs, to stimulate and develop their intellectual, physical and emotional growth.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plans, carries out and evaluates developmentally appropriate activities and experiences for children using modelling, observing, questioning, demonstrating and reinforcing techniques. Develops daily program schedules that include indoor/outdoor, active/quiet and individual and group activities.
- Identifies the abilities, interests and needs ofchildren and plans individualized and group curriculum based on these. Recommends referrals or additional services or work in consultation with professionals such as Infant Development Consultant & Supported Child Development Consultant.
- Reports on progress, behaviours and other issues related to children. Contributes to reports for children moving on to elementary school. Maintains required records and statistics.
- Participates in preschool planning and evaluation of programs offered by the organization. Provides recommendations for change to the manager.
- Provides work direction to early childhood educator assistants as required.
- Attends to the children’s physical needs that may include diapering, toileting, eating and sleeping.
- Administers first aid and medication in accordance with established policy.
- Ensures a healthy and safe environment in which the children can interact. Identifies and removes potential hazards.
- Communicates with families about children’s growth and development. Requests input from and participation of parents in the development of programs. Confers with parents with regard to unusual or problematic issues.
- Performs other related duties as required.
-Early Childhood Education Certificate; Special Needs or Infant Toddler Certification preferred.
-Current Criminal Record Searchor ability to obtain.Training and Experience:
-One(1) year recent related experience.
-Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
How to apply: To apply please submit your Cover Letter and Resume by e-mail, to Lina Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is open until filled.
Follow us on Facebook or keep checking this page to learn about future opportunities with our team.