1. Stopping the Violence Counsellor (16.5 hrs/week)
The primary office location will be based in Valemount; however, travel to surrounding areas in the Robson Valley will required. The anticipated start date for the position is July 05, 2021.
STV Counsellor-16.5 hours per week
Starting Wage $33.83 per/hr (Steps 1-4 $33.83-$41.32)
The STV Counselling Program provides group and individual counselling for Women who have experienced sexual assault, violence/abuse in relationships, or childhood abuse, and who reside in the Robson Valley area.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Assesses the safety of the clients and their children and supports client’s in reducing safety risks.
2. Interviews clients, prepares case histories, assesses problems and outlines services provided by RVCS.
3. Provides individual and group counselling to clients from a feminist and trauma-based perspective using techniques such as therapeutic group counselling and self-skill workshops.
4. Provides information on and referrals to other community service providers, resources and professionals as required.
5. Facilitates the creation of group counselling / therapeutic groups in office and in the community.
6. Participates in or initiates case conferences with other professionals as required.
7. Maintains related records and statistics and produces reports as required.
8. Maintains current knowledge of issues and resources related to abuse and violence. Conducts presentations and public awareness activities about services and issues.
9. Performs other related duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree in a related human/social service field.
Current Criminal Record Search.
Training and Experience:
Two (2) years recent experience.
Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
How to apply: To apply, please submit your Cover Letter and Resume by e-mail to Lina Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org in confidence, prior to June 18, 2021 at 4:00pm.
2. Police Based Victim Service (PBVS) Worker (11.0 hrs/week)
The primary office location will be based in Valemount; however, travel to surrounding areas in the Robson Valley may be required.
PBVS Worker- 11.0 hrs/week Starting Wage is $23.10 per/hr (Steps 1-4 are $23.10-$26.91)
The PBVS Program provides support services, practical assistance, information and referrals to clients who have been victims of crime.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Conduct client intakes; provide information regarding the PBVS role and services offered by the society, assist clients’ in completing intake forms and explaining issues related to confidentiality.
2. Provide emotional support to clients who have been victims of crime.
3. Assess clients’ need for external referrals such as counsellors, legal aid lawyers, physicians and mental health services.
4. Provide crisis response and intervention as necessary.
5. Support clients’ interests and rights by performing duties such as liaising with the Police and Crown Counsel to obtain information about clients’ cases including case status and hearing dates.
6. Provide information on legal and medical systems in general and specific to clients’ case and needs. Provide information on crime prevention.
7. Provide court support services such as explaining court processes and trial procedures. Provide court orientation and information on court preparation.
8. Provide accompaniment and/or transportation to court, Police and medical appointments as required.
9. Assist clients’ in completing legal forms such as Criminal Injury Compensation Applications and Victim Impact Statements.
10. Participate in public education to raise awareness of physical or sexual assault and/or abuse.
11. Maintain and provide statistics and reports regarding service delivery as required.
12. Perform other related duties as required.
Diploma in a related human/social service field.
Current Criminal Record Search
Current Criminal Record Check or ability to obtain a CRC
Current RCMP Security Clearance or ability to obtain a clear RCMP Security Clearance. Preference give to
applicants who currently hold a RCMP Security Clearance.
Skills and Abilities Required:
Two (2) years recent related experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Proven ability to work independently with minimum supervision and work well within a team environment.
How to apply:
To apply, please submit your Cover Letter and Resume by e-mail to Lina Thompson at email@example.com in confidence, prior to June 25, 2021 at 4:00pm.
Follow us on Facebook or keep checking this page to learn about future opportunities with our team.