Robson Valley Community Services is a charitable organization dedicated to strengthening all individuals, families, and communities by providing programs and services, and by collaborating within a rural environment.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Robson Valley Community Services is an equal opportunity employer and will deliver services with the aim of accessibility and inclusion for all clients regardless of their gender, culture, physical abilities, immigration status, colour, sexual orientation, religion, income level, family members’ choice of trade or isolation status.
All of our programs have the capacity to provide in-office or outreach services.
RVCS offers a wide variety of free client/family-centered and client-directed services to children, youth, families and individuals. Residents of the Robson Valley may access support around:
- employment and career counselling;
- senior services;
- family support;
- youth services;
- child and youth mental health;
- infant and child development;
- information/advocacy/and counselling for women living with, or transitioning from, violence;
- counselling for children affected by violence;
- Police Based victim services;
- adult literacy;
- navigating systems such as housing, immigration, medical, and social assistance; and
- accessing temporary safe shelter for women and children experiencing, or are at risk of experiencing, violence. Women and children who have experienced violence or are at risk of experiencing violence are able to access healing through alternative forms of therapy such as trauma-informed yoga.
As of November 2015, RVCS was proud to announce the entire agency will be working from a trauma informed lens. At RVCS employees are continuously staying on top of their field to ensure best practice and up to date approaches and tools are being utilized.
Please reach out to us with any questions or concerns.